What Drove Me To Work Online?
I was really in deep thought today.
"What motivated me to work online?"
What drove me to conclude that this was the path for me?
What clicked in me that made me go from a physical trainer that made over $1500 a week, and a single father at that, to an online entrepreneur?
What was the motivation to work online...it must have been dementia.
Surely.
Actually, I decided that I was tired.
I grew sick of not being able to sleep longer than 3 hours at a time.
I grew tired of the training sessions at dawn that, while enjoyable because I was so selective with who I trained, killed any chance of me having energy to work on myself later.
I could not train in a sport that I loved passionately and was focused on pursuing because it was always time or money.
They seemed to elude each other.
I napped in my car when I could, usually unsuccessfully.
I was forced to spend more time at the gym due to my stretched schedule than at home.
I would jokingly be called a gym rat, and it stung badly, because I felt like a slave.
When I could get away and see my son, even for a little bit, even those moments were miserable. I loved my son and adored being around him, but he had already taken his first steps without me. He cried for his MOTHER when he was cranky. And he refused to sleep in my arms. It broke my heart.
Enough was enough.
I informed my clients that I was finished with training. I only had a few weeks left and that was it.
What was bound to happen was going to happen, but I was determined to see my child grow up.
I quit caring.
People told me I was nuts, and I could see how badly they expected me to fail, but that's the nature of a human being.
I expected that.
Fortunately, I've always had belief in myself when nobody else would, so I kept on keeping on.
From a young age as a little chubby kid, I learned that listening the bullies doesn't help you any. It just makes you want to eat more pie.
I listened to the few people that told me to, "See what happens," and to, "Treat it like a business." One of those friends is a guy that started off selling hosting from his apartment, and turned that into a million dollar a year business. His black card was proof enough.
Obviously, I had less energy for that first month.
Yeah, it was rough.
And yes, I saw my son even less frequently.
After that first dollar in my account though, that first day, I realized that this was real.
I got past the wall, so to speak, in online business.
My own mind.
Making money was now real,and fact. I had made something I could literally spend.
It was real, and I knew I was doing what I was supposed to do.
Long story short, 2 years later and I'm making several years' income and expending half the energy.
I still work as hard, but because I want to, and because my son loves playing with the, "puda", as he says.
So, in conclusion, what's my motivation for working online?
My motivation for working online is me, as it should be for all of us.
It wasn't anything on the outside that caused me to decide that I had had enough.
None of that had changed. That situation was as stale and exhausting as it had always been.
What changed were my self beliefs.
I thought about how many people told me I couldn't, and decided to tell them otherwise.
I was the designer of my own destiny, and I'd win or lose on my terms.
Fortunately, I proved them all wrong on theirs as well.
I recommend you pick up a book called "New Psycho-Cybernetics" You can get the book from Amazon.
I have both the book and the DVD set, but it doesn't matter which you pick up. Hell, get them both if you want.
I've read everything, or close to, and this book is the forefather, and the best, of all of the material I've read. I promise it will inspire you if I haven't already.
Even if you don't get it, take what you can from my example, and remember to believe in yourself ESPECIALLY when no one else does.
You're the only thing you know about for sure anyway.
Until next time, keep the pie off your face.
"What motivated me to work online?"
What drove me to conclude that this was the path for me?
What clicked in me that made me go from a physical trainer that made over $1500 a week, and a single father at that, to an online entrepreneur?
What was the motivation to work online...it must have been dementia.
Surely.
Actually, I decided that I was tired.
I grew sick of not being able to sleep longer than 3 hours at a time.
I grew tired of the training sessions at dawn that, while enjoyable because I was so selective with who I trained, killed any chance of me having energy to work on myself later.
I could not train in a sport that I loved passionately and was focused on pursuing because it was always time or money.
They seemed to elude each other.
I napped in my car when I could, usually unsuccessfully.
I was forced to spend more time at the gym due to my stretched schedule than at home.
I would jokingly be called a gym rat, and it stung badly, because I felt like a slave.
When I could get away and see my son, even for a little bit, even those moments were miserable. I loved my son and adored being around him, but he had already taken his first steps without me. He cried for his MOTHER when he was cranky. And he refused to sleep in my arms. It broke my heart.
Enough was enough.
I informed my clients that I was finished with training. I only had a few weeks left and that was it.
What was bound to happen was going to happen, but I was determined to see my child grow up.
I quit caring.
People told me I was nuts, and I could see how badly they expected me to fail, but that's the nature of a human being.
I expected that.
Fortunately, I've always had belief in myself when nobody else would, so I kept on keeping on.
From a young age as a little chubby kid, I learned that listening the bullies doesn't help you any. It just makes you want to eat more pie.
I listened to the few people that told me to, "See what happens," and to, "Treat it like a business." One of those friends is a guy that started off selling hosting from his apartment, and turned that into a million dollar a year business. His black card was proof enough.
Obviously, I had less energy for that first month.
Yeah, it was rough.
And yes, I saw my son even less frequently.
After that first dollar in my account though, that first day, I realized that this was real.
I got past the wall, so to speak, in online business.
My own mind.
Making money was now real,and fact. I had made something I could literally spend.
It was real, and I knew I was doing what I was supposed to do.
Long story short, 2 years later and I'm making several years' income and expending half the energy.
I still work as hard, but because I want to, and because my son loves playing with the, "puda", as he says.
So, in conclusion, what's my motivation for working online?
My motivation for working online is me, as it should be for all of us.
It wasn't anything on the outside that caused me to decide that I had had enough.
None of that had changed. That situation was as stale and exhausting as it had always been.
What changed were my self beliefs.
I thought about how many people told me I couldn't, and decided to tell them otherwise.
I was the designer of my own destiny, and I'd win or lose on my terms.
Fortunately, I proved them all wrong on theirs as well.
I recommend you pick up a book called "New Psycho-Cybernetics" You can get the book from Amazon.
I have both the book and the DVD set, but it doesn't matter which you pick up. Hell, get them both if you want.
I've read everything, or close to, and this book is the forefather, and the best, of all of the material I've read. I promise it will inspire you if I haven't already.
Even if you don't get it, take what you can from my example, and remember to believe in yourself ESPECIALLY when no one else does.
You're the only thing you know about for sure anyway.
Until next time, keep the pie off your face.
About the Author:
Mr WebbyFied is the owner and mind behind Webbyfied.com, a site that will change the way you look at your money, and yourself. . For more articles like this, and free resources that can help you with your business and mind, visit us now at Webbyfied.com.